genehack.org is generated using the eleventy static site generator. most of the time, the text content is edited in a recent version of emacs. photos are generally taken with an iphone and minimally post-processed with command-line utilities.
the display font used in the site title and headings is podkova. the body font on most pages is fira sans. the font on the résumé page is lato
the line art icons used throughout the site are from the feather icon collection
many thanks to dr. paris buttfield-addison for the photo of me on the front page.
the css on the site was heavily influenced by “58 bytes of css to look great nearly everywhere” as well as the various mother fucking web sites mentioned in the HN discussion linked in the original article.
this version of genehack.org is brought to you by
- an ever-growing desire to start hosting my own words and images again
- the great isolation and pandemic of 2020
- wanting to write some clean html and css for a change
- binge re-watching person of interest
previous versions of genehack.org have been brought to you by
egoboo; wrist braces; work avoidance; leftover turkey; hypertension; Guided By Voices: Do the Collapse; The Get Up Kids: Something To Write Home About; HTML, hand-crafted with care.
dreams of silver planes sliding over inky black voids; wrist pain; work avoidance; the dvorak keyboard;
- 2020-06-10 — added css to blur images lacking alt text
- 2020-05-31 — added “uses” page
- 2020-05-18 — updated eleventy.js to minimize CSS during build
- 2020-05-08 — set up
post-receivehook on git server to rebuild site on push to master
- 2020-05-06 — finalized colophon
- 2020-05-02 — added Open Collective link to front page
- 2020-05-01 — added now page. adjusted some colors. adjusted title format on sub-pages
- 2020-03-29 — added “the mighty genehack web empire” section to front page (ta, neilb!)
- 2020-02-10 — blog moved to genehack.blog.
- 2020-02-09 — revised into a mostly complete, indie-web-compliant, home page.