That whole “goal post up on time” streak didn’t really last, did it. In my defense, I had a sick kid home 3 days this week, and a different sick kid home yesterday. My routine-fu is strong but not that strong…
Goals for last week were:
- Install shelving: done!
- Submit to 2 CFPs: done, with the caveat that (a) I ended up deciding a few CFPs weren’t actually for me, and (b) the second one I submitted to is YAPC::NA, which feels a bit like cheating. Still, technically, done!
- Get this blog rendering in a static site generator: done! Still has a ton of issues, including the content not being up to date, but it renders, yay.
(We won’t speak about how all three of those were accomplished at the last minute, on Sunday.)
Goals for next week — and I’m going up to four goals because, hey, why not, clearly three was doable… :
- Finalize paint colors for the new office: I’ve been going back and forth with the designer over this. We’re doing a third round of color options, and I need to make that be the last round of color options.
- Maintain exercise routine (3 days running, 3 days bodyweight exercise): I’ve got a pretty good streak of this routine going at this point, but I’ve got a spot of travel this week that’s going to make this more challenging (see above commentary about disruptions to the routine).
- Find a new blog theme and get things rendering in that: it’s time for a site refresh, and what better time to do it.
- Get AppleCare activated on Ms13’s iPad: long story, but this is something I’ve been putting off since Christmas. Have called them a couple of times and failed for various reasons, but I should have all ducks in the appropriate rows now, and I just need to call them one more time and JFDI.
So, there we go, 4 goals, all again totally doable. Please hassle me on Twitter, Facebook, and/or in person if I should fail to accomplish any of these — you’re doing me a favor by doing that (and if you’re a friend, it’s probably something you’ll enjoy…)
Sadly, no “cool thing I’ve seen this week” this week, as I’m coming up blank on something new and cool. Hope yours is better.