Chrome has been groaning for the last couple of weeks; I’ve taken to cycling it just to free up some memory. Way past time for this…
Then you go in the kitchen and make a drink, and while you’re making it and calming down you think to yourself, if I’m doing all this stuff in Emacs anyhow, what would it hurt to follow Twitter in Emacs?
- Demand to see your mortgage note
- paperbits on pockets — From what I understand, the consensus female perspective on this issue is an unending stream of swearing.
- Kill your timid notion of creativity — Did I mention Josh has fired paperbits back up and you should totally be reading him? Because he has and you should. Get on that.
- “The things that carried him” — This made me tear up. Also made me think of this (via @mackenab)
- notify.io is basically Growl notifications for web apps. It looks pretty cool. Hopefully I can do some work soon on something that can make use of this…
- Rands:An Unexpected Connection — Early weblogger get togethers were also noticeably like this:
Have you ever sat in a meeting full of engineers? What’s the game? The game is “Who can say the funniest and/or snarkiest thing and get the biggest laugh?” and to play you need to kick the relevancy engine into high gear. You need to hear everything being said, parse it, compare it to everything you know, and then find the most relevant connection possible. In nanoseconds.
- Holiday gift idea for the new jogger/cyclist in your life: RoadID
- Map of Non-Monogamy — The term “unicorn polyamory” makes me giggle uncontrollably.
- Cracking passwords with rainbow tables on SSDs — 14 character complex passwords cracked in ~5 seconds.
- College Degrees by County — I like how you can pick out where the colleges are in the Mid-West — they’re the faint blue dots in the red sea…
- Modern Perl is out — Reading now with an eye towards using it as a text in my next BioPerl class
- It sounds like I’m never willingly flying again: “TSA encounter at SAN”. Also, see the MeFi thread on the TSA scan vs grope issue.
- “Confronting Life”