been a while.
- Emergency Elisp — break glass in case, yadda yadda
- Rules of Sysadmins. At $ORK, we call #8 The Friday Rule; I just wish all my cow-orkers respected it. I’d add a corrollary to rule #4: there is a better way, but you don’t have the time to implement it…
- Stop the presses, Joel Spolsky writes about system administration and makes sense: Five Whys
- xkcd endorses Obama. Unrelatedly, yesterday’s xkcd may be one of the best single-panel comics ever.
- Pride and Palpitations — semi-sad but very true
- Rails is shitty
- God — must love the tagline, “(like monit, only awesome)”
- Words to live by: If it hurts, automate it (via jmason)