So incredibly far behind on things that I’m starting to wrap around to being caught up — or at least that’s what I keep telling myself is going to happen.
- Preparation for Parenthood — potentially relevant for some, I am given to understand. Numbers 5 and 9 are fully in effect around these parts lately.
- Six keys to understanding CSS layouts — one of these days I’m redesigning some crap…
- Distributed administration using SSH — in my perfect world this whole article would be replaced with a mechanism that caused your web browser to punch you in the face until you were unconscious, and then write “use a real configuration management system dummy” in permanent marker on your forehead in backwards type so you’d see in the mirror in the morning until the message sunk in. Unfortunately we are not yet in my perfect world.
- Speaking of software and pain, here’s JWZ on CDDB. On my endless todo list: finish the writeup about my obsessive-compulsive CD rip/media file tag’n’store system.
- AskMe on shaving whole head — contains useful links; I took my beard off about two weeks ago and am currently enjoying a mostly hair-free skull, but maintaining that state isn’t helping with the “no time” issues.
- A graphic illustration of American political realities
- pler — the DWIM perl debugger
- PerlySense — stuff for Perl/IDE integration. I swear I saw a nice article about this on PerlBuzz but I’m not finding it now. Drop it in the comments if you know the link, kthx.
- Strap on the tin-foil beanie and check out this stock forum thread about the “bin Laden” trades that were apparently recently made. Good for tickling your paranoia if nothing else. Here’s more on the same thing, in the same vein.
- Black Hats on OpenID
- Git on MacOS X
I’ve got another 50 or so things to pass on but it’s time to start getting the kids moving towards (pre)-school…