The long night behind, a long day looming in the foreground, and a bin full of links staring me in the face. Must be quickytime.
- Looks like it’s going to be Dean Week over at The Boondocks: Monday, today. All y’all Dean-watching masses let us know how this plays in the Dean camp, eh? Knowing whether or not they can laugh at themselves and deal with the low-grade sniping in a productive fashion is important to evaluating their suitability.
- While we’re on the ‘toon tip, let me point to “Bob the Angry Flower’s Guide to Its and It’s, You Idiots”, which fills the obvious gaping hole in the classic apostrophe guide, so now there’s no excuse. (You idiots.)
- At this point, it appears that a fleet of Segway-riding Google-funded web loggers knocked down Andrew Orlowski and took his lunch money and maybe beat up his dog. At least, that’s the best explanation I can come up with after the latest in a series of Google- and blogger-bashing “news” articles he’s written. Either that or he’s doing some sort of weird Andy Kaufman-esque extended performance art thing; I guess if he offers to mud-wrestle Sergey Brin, that would be a clue.
- Technological monoculture considered harmful.
- Wacky fundies set sights on kids. The Cosmo-esque Bible is frightening, especially the content:
You know, I keep rereading that and considering the implications, and my brain coredumps each and every time. I can’t conceive of giving my daughter a book that’s supposed to be the holy word of a god when it also tells her she’s can’t be a leader because she doesn’t have a penis.
The content, however, hews to conservative Christian values on subjects like homosexuality and women’s deference to men.
In one hypothetical question and answer, a girl asks, “How do you tell a friend that’s your crush that you’re into him without ruining your friendship?” Revolve counsels her: “You don’t. Sorry. … God made guys to be the leaders. That means that they lead in relationships.”
- Speaking of penises, the GAO released a report over the energy task force investigation that, broadly summarized, said, “Cheney was a huge dick about releasing any records, so we can’t really say what happened”. Compare and contrast with “Travel-gate”, if you will. You do remember Travel-gate, don’t you?
- Speaking of integrity, the policies of the party of “limited government” could lead to a five <DrEvil>trillllllion</DrEvil> dollar deficit over the next decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Oh, and that doesn’t include the check for Iraq, which is estimated being anywhere from $100 to $600 <DrEvil>millllllion</DrEvil> all on its own.
- If you’re using SpamAssassian, or are responsible for any sort of mail server at all, you should know that the Osirusoft RBL is currently blacklisting everybody. If you don’t have any idea what I’m talking about, that’s okay too.
- Let’s end on a happy note: TheBaby had a birthday last week, and one of the presents she got was a very cool quilt; now you can admire it too.