Did some coding last night. It was the first time I’d done that with
the Dvorak keymap. It was good, since I still really have to think
about what I’m typing — which actually resulted in less buggy
code. Now I just need to remap my Emacs keys so that
C-o works for
luigui.org: Linux/UNIX Independent Group for Usability Information — good name, great idea.
Big Bugs. For you Neal Stephenson fans, note the use of the PATEOTS measurement.
“American science, in other words, is based on a Ponzi scheme.”
More cool keyboards that I can’t afford on my meager salary (see the above story…)
Review of the forthcoming MacOS 8.6
More PNAS papers that merit a trip to the library (insert obligatory rant about free Web access to science journals…)
- Escherichia coli genes regulated by cell-to-cell signaling
- Assigning protein functions by comparative genome analysis: Protein phylogenetic profiles\
- Oligoribonuclease is an essential component of the mRNA decay pathway
- Expression pattern and, surprisingly, gene length shape codon usage in Caenorhabditis, Drosophila, and Arabidopsis
- Comparative genomic hybridization, loss of heterozygosity, and DNA sequence analysis of single cells